Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday, November 3 Observation

On Thursday, November 3rd, I observed my microaquarium for the third time. This week i was a bit disappointed to find out that many of my organisms had died. There were many empty shells/skeletons of once living cyclopses and rotifers on the bottom layer of my aquarium; mixed in with the thin layer of soil. Although many of my organisms seemed to either be hiding or no longer living, i was still able to identify a few new organisms.

-I identified a Litonotus
-I also identified with Dr. McFarland's help, two Euchlanis (a type of rotifer)
-I also was able to get a picture of a large group of Diatoms. The Diatoms seem to be taking over all the once open space in my aquarium

 To the left: An example of a Litonotus

 To the left: The two Euchlanis (rotifers)

No comments:

Post a Comment